Michael Wangbickler on October 3rd, 2009
website for the Academy of Wine Communications. I’ve been working on it for the past few months, and it is finally ready for use. I wanted to make the site much more interactive and a more useful tool for members and other wine PR professionals. Here are some of the highlights:This week we launched a new
- An ABOUT section stating the history of the organization, its mission and general principles, as well as a listing of officers. Future functionality will include a list of all AWC members.
- A JOIN section where prospective members can learn about the benefits of membership and fill out a form to join.
- The NEWS & EVENTS section contains current AWC activities and what people are saying about the organization.
- Continuing the efforts to further the art of wine writing, the AWARDS section now includes the new awards process, a list of current and past winners, as well as a place to nominate potential future honorees.
- Perhaps the greatest addition to the site is a RESOURCES section which has a wine PR directory where anyone involved in wine communications may add their name; a user forum where members can discuss key issues and topics; a job board where wineries and agencies can post current openings; useful links to key publications to trade organizations; images of current and past AWC activities; and relevant videos of AWC activities and productions. Future functionality may include whitepapers, case studies, and a blog.
- A CONTACT US section with all methods of contacting AWC officers.
The site was created by Napa-based print and web design firm designthis!.
Check it out at academyofwine.org and join up!